Mr. Lifrieri is currently the President of Protective Countermeasures Inc, a security firm located in New Rochelle New York specializing in threat and vulnerability assessments. He is often sourced by both the local and national news media for commentary on security and terrorism related stories; and is a published author and frequent lecturer. Mr. Lifrieri is also the President of the Empire Chapter of IALEIA, the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts. IALEIA is the largest professional organization in the world representing law enforcement analysts.
History and Experience
Director of Security & Intelligence Operations for the
Office of Emergency Management.
Mr. Lifrieri served as the Director of Security and Intelligence Operations for Mayor Rudolph Giuliani’s Office of Emergency Management from January 1996 to January 2001. In this role, Mr. Lifrieri held responsibilities for managing security and intelligence operations for the Office Emergency Management. Some of his most notable responsibilities included:
- Crisis and contingency counter terrorism planning for the city and a number of its larger corporate residents
- Risk assessment and crisis/consequences planning for the city’s key buildings and critical infrastructure
- Coordination of intelligence and anti-terrorism operations with city, state, federal, and international agencies/countries
- Security design of New York City’s Emergency Operations Center
Featured Speaker on Security Subjects
Over the years, he has provided lectures both as an instructor and guest speaker:
- A lecturer on crisis and consequence management for the United States Department of Defense “Marshall Center for International Security Studies”, located in Garmisch, Germany during the Centers “Leaders of the 21st Century” program to both NATO and non NATO countries
- A certified Technical Assistance Provider for the United States Department of Justice, specializing in Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Represented the United States in a counter terrorism conference in Tokyo Japan regarding chemical attacks on urban transportation systems
- An Instructor at Iona College, New Rochelle New York, and a guest lecturer on “Terrorism and Executive Protection” and “Terrorism and Crisis Management”
- Presenter at Jane’s Defense conference in Washington DC
- Participated in counter terrorism training and planning operations in multiple foreign countries
- Lecturer for the NYPD’s Homicide Investigators Course, teaching Major Case Investigation.
NYPD Protective Operations Unit: Municipal Security Section
From 1994 to 1996, Mr. Lifrieri headed the Protective Operations Unit of New York City’s prestigious Municipal Security Section. In this role, his responsibilities included:
- Personal protection of Mayor Giuliani, his family, and other elected NYC officials
- Developing protocols for threat assessment and investigation
- Conducting investigations on threats made against elected officials
- Establishing protocols for conducting site security surveys as related to dignitary visits
- Managing the implementation of security upgrades at residences of elected officials
New York Police Department
Mr. Lifrieri joined the force in January of 1982. He is a twenty year veteran of the NYPD and achieved the rank of Detective 1st Grade. His assignments began with patrol in the south Bronx, and progressed rapidly to plain cloths and robbery investigations. Later he was promoted to Detective and was assigned to the 46th Pct Detective squad, also in the south Bronx.
In 1993 he was assigned to the Intelligence Division where he was selected to create the departments “Russian Organized Crime Project.” In this assignment he led major investigations into Russian organized crime both at the local level and with multiple federal investigative agencies.
NYPD Hostage Negotiations Team
In 1989 he was accepted as a member of this elite team.